Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Christmas in July




The girls have been wanting to put together a gingerbread house left over from Christmas since Easter break. I used it as a carrot today to get cleanup done quickly and math done first. So while Steve and Erik were at work and Sam was at basketball we broke open the house and put it together. I got them started and then Nicole wanted to take over on the decorating.In the top photo she was wearing a 70's girl costume from last Halloween but the sleeves were getting in her way so she took it off.  Little Miss Strawberry girl put more candy in her mouth than on the house but a good time was had by all! My sister in law, niece, and nephew came over bringing clothes and toys for the girls that my niece has outgrown so it truly was like Christmas today!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe we have NEVER done a gingerbread house? How awesome that you pulled it out and made their day. Gosh, it's like looking at Isabella and Victoria when I see your photos and hear your story! Alright, have to add Gingerbread House creation to our December Daily calendar...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how many times i have been reading your blog and felt like i was reading about my family too!

      Delete