Tuesday, July 31, 2012

QuickSummer Blanket

Some projects are made for fun, some to try a new technique, some for want, and some for necessity. This one was made for the latter, necessity. Football season starts next month for both of my boys and I needed something to keep in the car to be able to sit on at the park or the football field. There have been some fun summer fabric lines this summer but when I spied a Marmalade layer cake I knew that was the line I wanted. I added 8 ten inch squares to the layer cake and this blanket came together quickly.

I backed it with a vintage sheet to keep it simple. I just stitched the patchwork top to the sheet right sides together leaving an opening to turn it right side out. Once I turned it out I stitched the opening closed. 

I hand tied this quilt as that was something I had never done and wanted to try out. I used embroidery thread  which worked great and again was a quick finish.

In the end this project was everything I wanted it to be...simple, quick, and pretty. IO love it when things go as planned! Bring on the football games... we are ready!

3 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out and especially to see that it will be used! So fun to have a quick project finish up so pretty!
    And I can't wait for football season. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty blanket to sit on! Just love the vintage sheet backing.

    ReplyDelete