Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Happy Birthday & a Thank you

It is very busy here this week which usually means not much sewing or crafting time.  I did want to give someone a thank you card so I made a very simple one. I die cut a daisy then stitched a button in the center after adhering a background paper to the card base. I had a scrap of floral paper on my desk so i stitched that on along with some lace trim. I stamped the sentiment then punched it out with a tag punch. I didn't like the tag shape so i snipped the the ends with that pennant look. For a 3rd bit of yellow I zig zagged the sentiment to the card instead of adhesive. The butterflies were leftover from another project so they went off my desk and onto the card also. Easy peasy!!

We celebrated my youngest sister's birthday this past weekend as well as my best friend's son's birthday. I didn't make a boy card but did put this card together at the same time as I made the thank you card. This card differs from the other using different patterned paper, sentiment,  and I used one larger butterfly instead instead of the 3 small ones. I think I had both of these cards made in about 15 minutes and didn't have much to clean up since i used quite of few scraps out of my scrap bucket. Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment