Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Card shares

Up until a few years ago I spent a fair amount of time making cards.  Between friends and family it seems we celebrate a minimum of 3 birthdays every month. Now that I am finally emerging out of that newborn baby fog I am hoping to get back to making some cards once a month or so. I never make just one card...I figure I have the supplies out and it doesn't take much more time to make 2 or 3 of the same card. If I don't need more than 1 card at that time I have a box to put the extras in to use for the next occasion. For this card I stamped the bike image on watercolor paper with Staz-On (it doesn't smear) and then used a small paint brush to water color the image. I tore a piece of vintage music paper then spritzed it with some Tattered Angels ink spray mist. I then layered this (after it was dry) onto a contrasting color of card stock which was layered on the card front. I stamped "happy day" then punched that out with a label punch. After trimming the bike image with scissors I back it and the label with pop dots for some added lift. I wrapped a tulle bow around the card below the music paper then layered the bike and label on top. I usually like to do a little stitching so I sewed a ribbon scrap on and layered a button on top.  One of my sisters has a birthday this weekend so she will get one of these cards. I am going to mail one of them to a friend just because and then give the other to my best friend who will be celebrating her birthday next month.

 Pennant banners have been a fun trend that I have enjoyed and are an easy element to customize for a male or female. The card on the right was so fast to make as those pennants were made with a punch. I simply added a little cloud stamp, Twinery twine, and a sentiment. This card went to my sweet niece when we celebrated her 18th birthday birthday this past weekend. I used cloud patterned paper on the other card and stamped the banner using a party hat turned upside down. I used jute to string the pennant and again used pop dots to give the banner some dimension. I stamped a sentiment, used a label punch, then added pearls for a finishing touch and a little color and dimension also. 

1 comment:

  1. I have ben the lucky recipient of your lovely cards and they always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete