Thursday, August 2, 2012

Furniture Fix-Up

We were lucky to be given this tea table and chairs from a friend whose daughter had outgrown it.  She  repainted the table but the chairs needed to be recovered.

I chose a home dec fabric and measured the fabric across the top of the cushion and then over lapped around the back approximately an inch and a half.

I  found a plate that fit inside the circle and then used that plate to cut fusible interfacing.

Then I wrapped the fabric as tightly as I could around the cushion. My husband's staple gun was no where to be found so I had to improvise with a regular stapler. The regular staples were not as secure as a staple gun would have been so I ironed on some fusible interfacing to give added security and give a nice finish. If the staple gun shows up I will tack the fabric down more but there are bars to hold the cushion in place which help secure the fabric too.
Ready for a tea party!

No comments:

Post a Comment