Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Summery Christmas Quilt?



I have completed my half square triangle block of the month  for September. My original intent was to make a Christmas quilt. I thought this method (one block a month) would be perfect because I could never set out to make a quilt using red and greens.  I like to sew with lots of color and tend towards summery hues. I did really good the first 6 months and i think it had a Christmassy tone to it. The last couple of months I seem to be reverting to my usual ways and choosing kind of summery colors. I  think when they are all mixed together it will look more like Christmas than summer...at least that is what I am telling myself! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this block - these are great colours! I think I'd struggle a bit using Christmas colours too - I'm sure it'll look fab, even with a few summery ones mixed in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to call it "Christmas in July"?! :)

    ReplyDelete