Thursday, September 6, 2012

Anchor's Away

The navy anchor print is part of Sarah Jane's new fabric line "Out to Sea". I have been reading her blog for about 3 years which was before she designed fabric. It has been fun to follow her on her fabric designer journey. I love her illustrations and Children at Play is one of my all time favorite fabric lines. I love the Out to Sea line, too,  because Sarah has a great way of capturing the best parts of childhood and she has some great prints in this line that have such a classic feel. Raising kids is where I am at in my life right now so I am fortunate there are all kinds of things I can make with her fabric. 

This dress may be my "signature Sarah Jane dress". I made it in Children at Play fabric last year. I thought the scalloped yoke was a good match for Out to Sea so I made it again this year in the sleeveless version of the vintage pattern.

I am glad our warm weather lasts for a long time here so that  my daughter will be able to get some wear out of this dress in the next couple of months. I am hoping that it will still fit next summer but this girl seems to be growing like a weed.
I tried getting some back and side view shots but the Little Miss was not very cooperative today....maybe next time. The dress has a zipper in the back and a simple A line shape which makes for a comfortable, breezy dress. Linking up with The Train to Crazy Make it and Wear It. You should check out the great projects people have made!!

No comments:

Post a Comment