Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Children at Play- Quilts

I made a couple of quilts and a baby/doll blanket with the Children at Play line.  I made this Hopscotch stroller quilt for my toddler when she was a baby. I used kona ash and coal for the background to resemble concrete. The hopscotch is made from the prints and I added some embroidery and hand stitching around the hopscotch. It says, "Your dreams are just a hop, skip, and a jump away". I had the hardest time trying to get decent photos of this quilt.

For the back I wanted to create some butterflies among the floral print (from JoAnn's) but the picture in my head did not translate to the quilt. This was the second quilt I had ever made, the first being a doll quilt, so it was good practice.

I made the baby a set of scalloped bumpers to go with her Children at Play Quilt .

I used a pattern called "Blowing Bubbles" from Quilt Magazine August 2011 to make this quilt. This was the first crib size quilt I ever made.


Outside of the bumpers. They were hard to photograph.
Lastly, here is a doll blanket which I actually made first and was part of Sarah Jane's Quilt Market booth in May 2011.

I backed the blanket with some pink flannel. I made a few things for her booth  and it was so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment