Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Since I have not had time to finish any projects this week I have started more. I am not quite sure of the logic in that. I usually have 2 projects going, a large project and a hand sewing project. I like to finish things before starting new projects as that increases the odds of finishing, at least that is how it works for me. I had the top of this dress cut out and was waiting for the bottom fabric to come so when the anchor fabric from Out to Sea arrived I had to cut into it. I need to finish the sleeves and hem the bottom to be done. 

This is the place mat I was working on last week. Not much progress. We had a  7 1/2 hr road trip on Saturday for our oldest son's football game (he won!) and i took this to work on the embroidery in the car. Unfortunately we were driving over mountainous roads and I as not able to work on it as the motion bothered me. So it has sat. There doesn't appear to be much sewing in my future this week so it may be another week before this is done. I need to finish the embroidery, cut out a backing piece, then put on the binding. 

I have been spending 15 minutes or so each day and keeping current  with my 30 Days of Lists for Sept. 2012. I think I will be sharing those on Fridays this month.
Lastly, it is the first of the month so that means it is time for Jeni's  Block of the Month. I have picked out the fabric and cut a few squares. I will probably work on this once the Anchor dress is finished. I am linking up to WIP Wednesday today. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I'm the same way! Try to get things finished before I start new things - but it doesn't always happen that way!

    The little dress is looking very sweet!

    Love the fabrics you've picked out for your next block!

    ReplyDelete