Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have this cape I am working on which will go with the Anchor dress. I had actually cut out another dress but am waiting on some fabric so I can put the dress together.

Then there is this fabric stack. This stack has been staring at me for nearly a year or at least a good 9 months. Last Christmas I made each of our kids a quilt...except for one, my youngest son. He has mentioned that fact 2 or 3 times. I have been stuck as to what pattern I wanted to do. I was thinking a log cabin but for some reason I haven't thoroughly committed to using that pattern. The real dilemma, though, is the cutting! I do not like to cut all the pieces. I am hoping by saying i need to get going on this project (it has to be done by this Christmas) that I will shame myself into starting on this quilt. I am telling myself I can finish the cape and the dress that is started but then no more clothes until I get a couple of blocks for this quilt made. Linking up to Freshly Pieced today.

3 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say, "Hi!".(Mama of 6 this way too.) I followed your comment link from Elegance and Elephants. I imagine your about as busy as I am, so of course I had to stop by and introduce myself :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so tough to pick out a quilt pattern sometimes isn't it! I probably spend way too long on Pinterest and checking out Moda Bakeshop before I finally make a decision! Nothing like a deadline though to get you sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have the exact same kitchen chairs :)

    ReplyDelete