Tuesday, October 23, 2012

For my Sister

Today is my sister's birthday so I made her a card. Happy Birthday Sister!!

I didn't have a real plan going into this but knew it had to be her favorite color, purple. I like the sentiment in this stamp set that says, "You are fabulous".

Starting with a light purple I stamped a large flower in the bottom corner then without re-inking I stamped flowers on each side of the corner flower.

Then I said, "Whoops, there is a lot of blank space that needs filling in. I took a script background stamp and stamped a neutral color then sponged around the edges to blend.

To add some dimension I then re-stamed the flower with a darker purple. 

Next I spritzed the card with some gold shimmer. It is hard to photograph the effects of this, but it is a pretty effect.

The sentiment, which was the reason I chose this stamp set, ended up being too big to fit. This is what happens when you wing it and don't make a plan before you start making a card. I chose another, smaller sentiment and embossed it in gold. I stapled a little ribbon to it then added dimensionals to pop up the sentiment. Now to figure out a gift before I see her on Friday to celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. Your card looks just beautiful, your Sis will be thrilled to have a handcrafted Gina original! You're so thoughtful and caring about everything you do and I just love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card turned out so pretty, really like the colors. I see it is Stampin Up ~ I have several old sets from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Gina. The card is so beautiful! I love how you went through your whole process for making the card, too. Enjoy your time with her this Friday!

    ReplyDelete