Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday

This is a little dress I cut out weeks ago and haven't taken the time to stitch up. It's for the baby; I haven't made her any clothing because truth be told I can buy them for less than I can make them and with 3 sisters she gets all the hand me downs. I never have a hard time finding her something cute to wear at a store but I thought it was time I make her something. I better hurry up before she outgrows this!

Next up is some fabric I pulled to make a sewing kit. I had made a couple for gifts and the twins both wanted one for their stitching stuff. I had cut up a bunch of 2 1/2x 2 1/2 squares but now I am thinking I might take the easy way out and use a piece of fabric rather than patchwork. This is one of those projects that keeps getting pushed to the back burner. I think I am waiting for the twins to want to make their own. I like to use this tutorial by Amy.

Finally, I have the 3 lonely blocks I have made for Sam's quilt. I was going to make 7 blocks a week and be done in 6 weeks but I haven't stuck to my goal. You can only see part of the 3rd block but really, it is there.  I have to get this done for Christmas so I am going to make this a priority and try to get at least 7 blocks done this week. The next couple of weeks are really busy with birthdays and football, parent teacher conferences, kids off school, Halloween, etc. October is flying by!!  I am linking up today with Freshly Pieced and WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Those fabrics are so cute, look forward to seeing the projects on the go! Visiting from freshly pieced

    ReplyDelete