Tuesday, November 27, 2012

working, working, working

Christmas will be here before I know it so I am plugging away when I can to finish this quilt for my son. The problem is there just are not enough sewing minutes in the day! The other day my oldest son was talking about the quilt he wants me to make for his girlfriend ( he gave me a list of some of her favorite things back in March and asked if i could find fabric with those things to make a quilt. I think I was thinking they would not be together for a year and i wouldn't need to make the quilt). My younger son was quick to speak up that there was no way I could make a quilt for Kelsee when he didn't have one yet. I actually have a list of things longer than my arm of things I would like to make before Christmas like book bags for each of the twins, a quiet book for my toddler and baby, a stocking for each of the eight of us, a couch pillow and matching lap quilt for my mom, etc, etc. For now nothing else can be started until this quilt top is done. It's Wednesday so I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced
Grab a button:
                                                                                        

7 comments:

  1. Oh that looks really good. You certainly have some plans & I hope you get some of them done in time! Looking forward to seeing this one done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're the best Mom ever. Seems like all I use my machine for these days is sewing patterned cardstock together. Still fun, but won't keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a nanny for the children, a housekeeper for the chores, and a cook for the meals. That way you will have all the time you need to accomplish your monster list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopped over here from Freshly Pieced. Wow! you are a busy, busy mom. We have six children too! Love your blocks for a new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking lovely. Wow, I'm so impressed you have time for sewing and blogging with so many children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these blocks! My next string blocks will be horizontal, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start to the quilt! Hope that it all comes together quickly and easily!

    Oh the To Do List just continues to grow doesn't it! Next year I think I'll start sewing for Christmas in... February. Yeah that ought to do it ;)

    ReplyDelete