Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Candid Camera

In October I participated in a Polaroid block swap organized by Kristy. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my blocks but loved this and this. Then, my blocks came in the mail last week. As I looked at each block it came to me that I needed a Polaroid camera block. I emailed Kristy to let her know that my blocks had arrived and asked her if she might sometime make a Polaroid camera paper piecing pattern. I was half joking, half serious, but lo and behold she whipped up this little beauty! I was so excited about it that I dropped all of my Christmas sewing and got to work.

I used this Remix print thinking the lines would make the rainbow part easier and I would have every color I needed in one print. In hindsight I would get individual solids for the rainbow; the strips of color on the Remix print were just wide enough and gave me no wiggle room so it kind of doubled the tediousness.

 I haven't had much sewing time theses days but after a few late nights( 3 a.m.)  I was able to finish this block. The block isn't perfect but I like it and I had a lot of fun putting it together!! I am new to paper piecing and this is the 4th pattern I have done. I was a little nervous before I started about the small pieces in this pattern but the block came together much easier than I  anticipated. Kristy's patterns always have clear, easy to follow instructions ( plus they are cute!) and I highly recommend them. I can't wait to put my Polaroid quilt together after the first of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Love!! You did such an amazing job on it Gina! I can't wait to see how you put it altogether with the Polaroids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh it's awesome! SO fun! Perfect with all the polaroid blocks of course, of which I have oodles after running a swap too!

    ReplyDelete