Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WIP Wednesday- Supposed to be Christmas Sewing

I made some progress on blocks for Sam's quilt.

Here are the blocks in a stack. Some of them were not pressed or trimmed yet but I was having fun with the camera. I was doing pretty well with this project...but then I dropped all Christmas sewing and spent the past week paper piecing...

this project. I asked Kristy if she might make a polaroid camera paper piecing pattern. When she sent me the pattern she made I was so excited I had to stop all other sewing and put this together. I love photography and related things such as cameras so I LOVE this pattern. This is a 12 inch block; I am going to make 2 more different sizes and sprinkle them into a quilt using my polaroid blocks from the polaroid block swap. I will start this project after the 1st of the year.

I have my fabric chosen and background squares cut to make my last Half Square triangle Block of the Month with Jeni. She will be putting up the finishing instructions so I want to finish this block and be ready to finish the quilt when Jeni posts the instructions.

My 2 littlest littles like to throw this stack of fabric and trims around every day. I  pulled these to make stockings using Camille's pattern but the clock may run out on me. I made the tags last week using 2 of Kristy's paper piecing patterns. There is another week of  Holiday Tag Along with NanaCompany and Pretty by Hand so more tags are on the agenda. Its Wednesday so I am linking up with Freshly Pieced. There's always so much to look at there!!
                                                                                                     Grab a button 

16 comments:

  1. Love the paper pieced polaroid camera to go with the polaroid blocks- such a great idea! I've still to decide what to do with mine!

    Glad to read that I'm not the only one getting distracted from my Christmas sewing by paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the camera! You've done a great job of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of all your lovely projects! I adore that camera, Kristy is brilliant! Such a great addition to the polaroid blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice things you are working on. I love your PP camera block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun projects! I especially love that PP camera, can't wait to see more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the polariod paper piecing! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have known the patterns were from Kristy :) Your items look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so great, and that camera is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the polaroid camera is awesome. I love that it will go with the polaroid picture blocks too! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, that polaroid camera block is awesome! Kristy is so brilliant, isn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WANT THAT BLOCK! Sorry I got all excited there...did I mention I like your camera block? That is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that camera block is fantastic! it is going to look so good with your polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the Polaroid camera!! My swap blocks are still untouched. Beautiful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun to do a little of this and a little of that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Polaroid block is great! I can't wait to see the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete