Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fun Finds

A couple of weekends ago I had 10 minutes to breeze through the antique store. I had not been there for a long time so it was fun to do a quick walk through. I love kids books and started a collection before I even had kids.

I will buy a book if it has illustrations I love or a good story. Sometimes I will find a book that has both.

My favorites seem to be from the 1950's/60's.

I love the color illustrations and the black and white ones as well.

While I was there I spied a 50% off clearance table . I got the angel for $3.00 and the Santa mug for  50 cents. Score!!

A few weeks ago I popped into the thrift store and found the strawberry sheet. I had it in my hands, then put it back, and eventually I did bring it home. I love strawberries and am thinking I will use it to back a picnic blanket or quilt. The top sheet is crib size. I am not sure what that will become but I thought the cute bunny, squirrel, and duck illustrations were cute. The colors were so spring-like and have me thinking of Easter. Hope your week is off to a great start!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Lovely shopping! The children´s books look really great and the illustration is really nice!! And green angel? Beautiful! :) J.

    PS: I´m thinking about spring too. Today is rainy day at our and the snow slowly get off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the older books and illustrations are so much sweeter. I have been know to NOT buy a new book just because I don't like the illustrator's style. Score on the Santa mug...I bought 2 mugs at PB at Christmas that are almost identical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I had Baby Dear and We Help Mommy when I was little! My mom saved a lot of my children's books and now my two little girls read them over at their Grammy's house. :)

    ReplyDelete