Monday, January 7, 2013

If you Give a Crafter a Project....

Have you read or heard of the children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"? It is a cute little story of how a mouse does one thing which leads to another and so on and so on. Eventually he ends up at the the beginning again. That's kind of how my day went. I started off with a new paper pieced block and since it was unrelated to any of the 3 quilts I have in progress I thought I would continue on and make "another unrelated to a quilt" project and start a Valentine's banner. Then I remembered I needed to make a card to send in a fabric swap package so I made a couple of cards. Then I tried to take some photos but it was too dark so I thought I would go back to paper piecing.  So there I was back at the beginning again; only instead of having 3 unfinished quilts I have 3 unfinished quilts and an unfinished banner. But, I also have a package ready to be mailed, a completed paper pieced block, and an extra card when I need one. I am not sure but I may have taken one step forward and 2 steps backward.  Happy Monday!!

6 comments:

  1. Hehehe. Serendipity is sweet. I will look out for that book now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...too funny. We have several of those books in our collection and your day definitely sounds like it could have come straight off the pages. :) I think, though, that all is well with your crafty meanderings since you do still have something to show for it all (plus it's just fun to jump around sometimes, isn't it?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gina! I don´t know this book, but story of my day looks identically sometimes :)

    I complete my package during this week and I will send it to at Friday for long long trip :)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these books... but I never really thought of them in relation to crafters. That is so me, too! Too much pretty inspiration around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those books, love your story, love how your day developed! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to say: "If you give a quilter a charm pack...she is going to ask you for some yardage" :) Enjoy reading to your youngsters! We still read aloud, but bigger, different books (True grit, etc)

    ReplyDelete