Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Blocks for a New Year

I am doing another Block of the Month group this year. This year it is a paper piecing group put on by Kristy. This pattern, Measure Twice, is free for the month of January in her Craftsy shop. You can find directions on how to put the block together here. You can also find a basic paper piecing tutorial and tips for doing angles on her blog too. This first block came together quickly and was lots of fun to make which I havee found to be true for all of Kristy's blocks that I have made! If you have thought about doing some paper piecing this is a great block to start with. 

The second photo is of a new polaroid camera block for a polaroid quilt I am making. The block on the right is the first one I made which is 12 inches and the new block is 10 inches. This pattern is also by Kristy.

                                                                                                           

3 comments:

  1. Love your Measure Twice block! Great fabrics!

    Can't wait to see how your Polaroid quilt comes together!

    Thanks for posting about the BoM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Measure Twice block ,and the cameras are cute!
    What fabric is your ruler?
    I just made my block tonight.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete