Friday, February 1, 2013

Flashback Friday- the 2nd item I ever made

At the beginning of 2009 I bought a sewing machine determined to learn to sew. i made a jumper for the twins. There were parts of the instructions I didn't understand but I muddled through and eventually had a dress that Nicole wore a few times. I never took a picture; I guess because it was less than perfect. Then I made this dress. There was a girl in my son's class who knew how to sew, so I was able to ask her questions and this dress stitched up easier than the first. Then I sewed a skirt and a couple of aprons. I kept making things and kept learning.  Five years later I am still sewing and still learning. Buying that sewing machine was one of the best decisions I have made and I am so happy to have reached my goal of learning to sew! It is a skill that has come in handy more than a time or two. Happy Weekend!! 

2 comments:

  1. This dress looks really lovely!!! I have never sewen any dress for Rozarka :( Oh, one skirt! But nothing more. Maybe, it is time to change it :) Have a wonderful weekend! J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I have to say - your second ever dress looks way better than mine did! My munchkin didn't even want to wear it (though she did dig it out of the wardrobe the other day and insisted on it, so maybe it's better with age? hehehe)

    ReplyDelete