Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Long Weekend #1

My kids had a three day week end this past weekend and will enjoy another one this coming weekend.  It came at a good time. We have all had a bit of the respiratory bug/sore throat. Our 3 year old, who is our Dennis the Menace, Energizer Bunny, Always-on-the-go girl laid on the couch all day Saturday. You know she is sick when all she wants to do is sit on the couch. She even fell asleep sitting up. She rested and today she is almost back to full speed. I am so glad she is feeling better! Speaking of things that make me happy, I have been enjoying a new ironing board cover. This will probably be the only shot of it I will ever show. I iron a lot and the cover never looks very good for very long.
We have been to so many basketball games the past couple of weeks. This particular gym was all white which was good light for picture taking.

We have had cooler temperatures but lots of sunshine. The girls made a "house" in the back of the motorcycle trailer one day. It is the best.Day.ever when they play together nicely!! Jessica and Nicole have started building a tree house that they are very excited about but we need to get more wood. We also built a fun fort inside this weekend that the girls enjoyed hanging out in.


We read every day usually several times a day whether it is me reading to the little girls or the twins reading to me.


I did some sewing and Nicole brought out her sewing machine, too.  The baby likes to sneak into our sewing stuff when we aren't looking.
I love fresh flowers. I had to stop at the grocery store for a few things and couldn't resist this bunch. I hope your week is off to a great start!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    It's so lovely when the kidlets all play together nicely isn't it! Especially when they are using their imaginations!

    Always nice to have a new ironing board cover - makes ironing a little less like a chore hehe!

    ReplyDelete