Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday- The Dangling Carrot

This is the block I made for Kristy's "And Sew On..." Block of the Month for February. It was a fun block to make; the ol' seam ripper is definitely one of my best friends. You can get this pattern in her Craftsy shop for free during the month of February. I put a little bit of me in this block: my initial is in there, I love strawberries and some text and flowers as well. I threw in some scissors since it is a sewing theme block.

 Back on the ironing board is a dress I cut out a while back. It keeps getting pushed down on the priority list but I want to finish it up so my daughter can wear it. I made the pockets today. It is a simple dress and will come together quickly if I dedicate a little time to it, but it is February and February at my house means lots of basketball and a little bit of sewing.


This is the project that I am going to finish this month before my son's birthday. It has been hanging around too long. It took forever to cut the fabric. Then it took another forever to make the blocks. I started sewing the blocks together today and I am feeling motivated and exciting about completing the quilt! I laid out 2 rows at a time and did some pinning. If I were to lay the whole quilt out my little girls would have it tossed all over the house!
This is the project I really want to work on so I am using it as a carrot in front of me to finish my son's quilt. I won't let myself cut into this stack until Sam's quilt is done. It is Wednesday so I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.
Grab a button 

11 comments:

  1. You're juggling so much - pretty impressive!! I love that seam ripper block. Great fabric choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun projects! (and the seam ripper is ridiculously cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice block, you are so quick, I haven´t started mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy, busy!! You have lots going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh your seam ripper looks fantastic! I love love the fabrics you chose!

    So glad you have your motivation back for your son's quilt! You'll feel so good when that's put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my place! I love your seam ripper block! I didn't understand it at first (reading on my tablet), so I went to Christy's shop to see. She has lots of interesting things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that seam ripper block! I had to pop over to check it out in Kristy's store. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Gina, your seem ripper block is great! Super result!! And as I can see, you are really really busy :) So, have a wonderful sewing time! :) Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks, I love the natural look in the first one.

    ReplyDelete