Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Little Liberty- Remix 2

I decided to do a second remix of the Spring Fever dress pattern by Jessica of Me Sew Crazy. A while back I pinned this, so when I saw the Spring Fever pattern I thought it could be easily modified to make this dress. I love Liberty of London prints but since they are so expensive it is nice to make the fabric last longer by adding in little bits in different projects. I pulled out a piece of Liberty print I had and checked my stash for a solid to go with it. I had a half yard of a baby wale corduroy that I thought would work great for our spring weather. I wish I had had enough corduroy to make a dress but since I did not I decided a blouse would do.I printed out Jessica's pattern laid it down on a larger sheet of paper and extended the lines to create an A line shape.

I wanted the sleeves to extend more than in the original pattern so I made them longer. If I make this pattern again I would increase the length and width a bit more too. 
I cut out my pieces and then traced them onto another piece of paper so that i could draw on different collar shapes. I am sure there are better ways of doing this but this is how I went about the process. I think I sew by Braille and trial and error but it seems to work for me.

I cut the collar piece out and laid it in the blouse and it was what I wanted so I moved on and cut the fabric pieces. I thought about sewing it in the top like Jessica's circular piece in the back of her dress...

but then decided to add it as a collar.

I think I spent more time putting the sleeves on than I spent making the rest of the blouse but I am happy with how it turned out.

My favorite part is the fabric covered buttons. I love fabric covered buttons!

If you would like to try this pattern out or  remix,  it it can be found here. The linky party at Project Run and Play will be open until Friday. Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Gina, great job!!! It looks so pretty!! Your girls must be happy to have so skilful mum!!! Have a wonderful day!! Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one and I love that fabric! You've been productive this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet!! You have been on a run with all these gorgeous kids clothes! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely Liberty of London fabric... isn't it fun making fabric buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I want to make 10 of these for my girl right now! Fabric choice was right on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is this??? I love this top! It is wonderful!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this top.There is something very vintage about it. Great job

    ReplyDelete