Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Posy Two

I finished up Easter dress number two but am not sure I will be able to make number 3, and am very glad I bought number 4! I love this print from Aneela Hoey's Posy line and bought it in 3 of the 4 color ways to make Easter dresses for my girls. I am usually not so matchy but I loved the springy colors of this line. I used a vintage Simplicity pattern to make this dress.

I didn't change anything about the pattern.  I love the darts, the buttons down the back, the full gathers, and the pockets.

I am not sure if I will meet my goal to get the 3rd dress made. It is for my "picky" girl . I had her draw up a picture of a dress she would like me to make. She drew a strapless dress so I sent her back to the drawing board! It is hard to believe Easter is 5 days away. Currently I am working on a dress for the Project Run and Play All Stars sew along this week where you use a piece of art to inspire your clothing. There are already a lot of great outfits linked up. Back to sewing for me. Hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress and beautiful model!

    Posy is perfect for a Spring dress! Bit funny about the strapless design hehe! Hope you find something that works for both you and her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty and such nice photos, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet dress Gina. I have never thought about buying quilting cotton to make my daughter a dress. Posy is perfect for Easter. Great photos in your spring garden.

    ReplyDelete