Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Fever Pattern Remix

Project Run and Play is gearing up for their first ever All Star Season and a season just a couple of weeks ago so in the interim they decided to have some fun with a Remix Party. They are using Jessica's Spring Fever Pattern over at Me Sew Crazy. I had 3 ideas on how I wanted to remix this dress and ended up starting with my second idea. I loved the little ruffle around the circular back and decided to bring it around to the front. 

After bringing the ruffle around the neckline I made a placket to go down the front bodice.  I finished the neckline as well as the arm holes with bias trim.


I always look forward to Project Run and Play and am amazed at people's creativity and sewing skills.

During a season of Project Run and Play last summer I did a little sewing along. I sketched out a dress I wanted to make then drafted my first bodice from an existing t-shirt. I would have never done that had it not been for Project Run and Play. I have always stuck to patterns because that way I don't have to think about any thing other than following directions.

I have found that mixing a pattern up can be lots of fun! It can allow you to create something that you can not find an exact pattern for and kind of gets you back to the basics of sewing. It seems there are always a couple of ways of doing things and sometimes they are simpler than you think. It is also a little bit magical when you sew something with out a "store bought" pattern and it works :). Jessica's Spring Fever Dress pattern is a fun sew and came together easily if you would like to make a spring dress for your girl.
p.s. Completely unrelated but my son and his team won their Championship game Friday night something that our school has not won since 2009. It was a happy weekend for us!

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet little dress...perfect for spring! Where, oh where did the lovely green grass come from. It makes me want warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet is the perfect word to describe this dress! Love all those ruffles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from PR&P. Your Remix is Adorable and Sweet. Looks like your little Sweetie is already for Spring. :)
    xo
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously gorgeous little dress and little model!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this remix! I love the front ruffles. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet dress. It turned out really well! Congrats to your son for winning his game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remixing a pattern is fun! I really like the color of the ruffle and bringing it around to the front. It adds a lot to the dress!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute dress! I do love all those ruffles!

    ReplyDelete