Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday- This Week AKA PIP

This week my WIPs look more like PIPs, piles in progress. I am participating in  the Covert Robin swap hosted by Imagine Gnats. Since taking tis photo I have gotten all my pieces cut and am ready to start stitching. I have a partner with a lot of interests so it took me awhile to decide what to make and then it took another little bit to choose fabric. I am going to make the Amanda Knitting Bag by The Sometimes Crafter. I looked around for a DIY pattern or a tutorial for a crafter's bag and couldn't find one that I loved. I kept going back to this pattern so decided to buy it and I can see making this bag many times as it is versatile and cute. 

This will become a zip pouch as a part of the swap too. I am going to paper piece a word for the front of the pouch using my favorite letters by Kristy.

This little stack I pulled for a pillow and am waiting for  a low volume bundle from Amanda to add in to this mix. I know how i am going to make this pillow but it is kind of an experiment. 

When I finish making my swap gift I am going to make one more Easter dress. It is an easy one and should come together easily. Easter is quickly approaching!!
A goal I set last month was to finish this quilt in March. I started to assemble these blocks that I made with Jeni's half square triangle block of the month 2012. I had just started to add the sashing and thought i would make a couple smaller projects before becoming tied up with a big project. I participated in the pre-All Stars challenge over at  Project Run and Play and made a dress and a blouse. This past week I made a dress that I will be blogging tomorrow. Now I have begun my swap gift and then I have an Easter dress and a pillow to make. One thing does lead to another. It is Wednesday so I will be linking up with Freshly Pieced. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been making this week. Happy Wednesday!!
                                                              Grab a button 

10 comments:

  1. I like your quilt, lots of colour and variety. It's really looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I don´t know why, but sometimes my comments clear off :(

    So, once more... :) Your new quilt looks amazing, I am looking forward to finishing! And your fabrics stash... so nice! :) I will be waiting for the results (knitting bag looks very practical)

    Have a great day! Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even your PIP look cute and adorable. I'll say it again, I don't know how you do it. And you do it all so well, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the blocks are different but very complementary. The colors are very Spring in feeling which I wish was here already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the term PIP. I have lots of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina you have lots of projects on the go...but i suppose it is true what the saying means by "if you want something done, give it to a busy person!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the fabrics you've picked out for the swap! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics for the swap! I'm really wishing I had joined in. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your blocks from Jeni's 2012 BOM. They are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your HST blocks, they look great! I'm sashing up a similar sampler quilt at the moment too. :o)

    ReplyDelete