Friday, April 19, 2013

Flashback Friday- Seems Like Yesterday


Seems like yesterday when they put you in my arms and said, "It's a boy!" and now here we are and you will be 18 tomorrow. Unbelievable. It has been a fun journey full of good, some bad or at least hard times, lots of laughs, and a few tears. You have taught me a lot.; like flexibility and maybe I don't need to get excited under stressful conditions as things can be resolved just the same when I am calm. You make us laugh every day. You are right. As the oldest you have been somewhat of a guinea pig as we have learned how to be parents. I think it has been a success though, as we have made it through those teen years and we like each other :). Thanks for being the easiest first kid I could have ever had. We are proud of you and your easy going, fun-loving ways with a streak of stubborn on the side. Happy Birthday E we love you!! xxoo
p.s. for old times sake why did the turkey cross the road?

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous boy! It's funny how our first really is an experiment? My first born will be 15 in November, and it's scary but exciting all at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweet and grown-up son! My own son turned 18 in January. The years have gone by much too quickly! I am so grateful and blessed for the two children that I have but I wish we had been able to have more. I must admit that I am envious of you and my friend Kaye. You both have sons the same age as mine but you also have little bitties at home. Enjoy those little ones because we blink and they are grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big happy 18th birthday to your handsome boy (man?!)! Hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your son!!!! He is really adult! :) Time flies! You have really nice young man at home :) Have a wonderful time with your family, Gina :) J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You like OKC thunder!!? Now I love you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So he'll be going to school here? Where are yal from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby's a big labor on fan too...boo!

    ReplyDelete