Friday, April 5, 2013

Flashback Friday- Spring Break 2013 in a Nutshell

Warning! Photo overload. I grew my hair all fall and winter and stepped into spring by cutting a good 3 or 4 inches off. It will grow back.

Kids out of school for spring break but Sam still had traveling basketball practice.

Doing some errands I was on a street I rarely go down and saw the most beautiful leaves on a tree. I wanted to run and get a close-up shot but i already felt like a stalker taking a photo of someone's yard. It was another case of a drive by shooting...pulled over to take a quick picture then kept on driving. I wish I knew that kind of tree it was. The leaves were lacy.

The day before Easter Super was mowing the lawn and he scared a momma jack rabbit and her baby out of the bushes. The girls were beyond excited about the baby bunny and tried to catch him...to no avail.

We had a rainy Easter so no outside pictures. I snapped this one after church but Baby and Miss J were not in the mood and my 3 year old just wanted to drink some chocolate milk.

Prior to us buying our property 11years ago and building our house it was just a dirt hill.  It has only been in the past year that the quail have moved into our yard. I love them and think they are so cute!! They are usually ground birds so not sure why he was sitting on the garden fence.

I had a mixed bouquet of flowers in my cart but quickly switched them out when I saw these peachy pink beauties.

Dyeing eggs is one of our favorite traditions and 1 I see myself doing even after the kids are gone. Our house will have kids in it for at least 18 more years and might have some grand kids by then, too, so no worries there! Steve hid the eggs for the girls for a few rounds in between rain showers.

Outside time makes for happy,

happy girls.

My husband is the best! He took out our old garden beds which had the worst top soil and rebuilt new ones. His progress got delayed by the few days of rain. He borrowed a tractor and had fun digging holes. We went out to dinner just the 2 of us for our anniversary and as we were leaving I saw a hole in a random spot. I asked what the hole was for and he said , "Nothing, I just wanted to dig a hole". The saying "The difference between men and boys is the size of their toys" suits my husband.

We had more rain here than we would have liked but we really do need before summer sets in. I am looking forward to the 2 hour season premier of Mad Men on Sunday!! I love their clothes!! Hope you have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good one! We had a lot of rainy days too, but a few nice days mixed in. I love it when the kids are home from school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New hairstyle! New season, new change :) I like pics of your children and jumping girls look really happy :) Wow, quail at the garden?! Great! :) Have a wonderful weekend! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that made me laugh! No reason for a hole, just to dig one!! Too funny!

    Loving the look of your hair! Nice to have a bit of a change now and then.

    Looks like Spring break has been a fun family time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete