Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Friends Around the World Make the World Go 'Round

My son came in the door the other evening and said, Mom, you have an envelope from the Czech Republic." Right away I knew it was from Jola and thought, " how sweet, she has sent me a card!" But then my son handed me the envelope and I saw it was much more than a card. (do you see those darling stamps? )

She made the most beautiful zip pouch; beautiful inside and out!

Inside the zip pouch a needle book was tucked away and a darling post card.

She had blogged these projects and I remember thinking at the time what a sweet friend she was to give hand made gifts and how lucky the recipient was. Never did i guess these beautiful things were coming to me!! (oh how i love that mint green zip!)

Jola always adds sweet details to her projects like cute buttons, darling tags, and pretty charms.

She is especially talented at combining prints and patterns. Not only does she share her crafty projects but she she shares beautiful photos on her blog too!

Thank you dear Jola for your friendship and for the sweet surprise of happy mail!! For not only did you send a present out of the blue for no reason but you sent a hand made gift which is the very best kind!!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky dawg!! Wow, those are pretty. I think the little details - zipper color, buttons- they make a project spectacular. Your friend did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing prints she finds to turn into such beautiful things. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina!!! :) Thank you so much for your beautiful words!!! :) Jola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet gift - what a beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete