Monday, April 22, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted!

Today I am linking up with Kristy not once but twice! First, she is hosting a Let's Get Acquainted Link Up. She is sharing two more reverse applique canvases that I love and want to make myself. I hope you will share and link up what you have been making too!

I finished up my April And Sew On block of the month that Kristy has been hosting. I love these blocks and they have been so much fun to make. The April block "Snip it Real Good" is available for free in her Craftsy shop until the end of April so you still have some time to download it. Once you stitch it together you can link up for a chance to win some great prizes or you can go there to check out everyone's version of the block. As you can see for January's block I did not make the correct printing settings so that block is smaller than the others. I haven't decided if I will remake it or leave it as is and log cabin it to bring it up to size. I am leaning towards the log cabin wrap.

At the beginning of the month I made two Granny square blocks for my do.Good Stitches circle but that was not enough to get them out of my system. I am making a pillow using 4 blocks this time and hope that will be enough to get them out of my system so today is all about cutting. I am not fond of cutting 2.5" squares but find it worth it in the end. I wish I had a die to do the work for me :).

This week is Kid's Clothes Week at Elsie Marley which I have participated in the past couple of years but after sewing along with Project Run and Play I feel like I have some lingering projects to start and finish before I make any more kids clothes. I did order the Roller Skate dress which will arrive later this week so I may change my mind about making a dress when that comes; I think that pattern will see a lot of use! Back to this stack of fabric...it has been sitting around for far too long. My baby turns 2 in a couple of weeks and I pulled this stack to make a doll carrier. As soon as I finish the pillow this is the next project I would like to start. Hope your week is off to a great start!
                                                                                           
Lets Get Acquainted

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love the paper pieced scissors! Looks great!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you quilted!! The spools of thread & scissors are so cute! I'd hang that on my wall fer sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you quilted!! The spools of thread & scissors are so cute! I'd hang that on my wall fer sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome scissors! Just popped over and picked up the pattern... cause that's what i need is a another project :)
    Loving your fabric pulls for the granny squares, so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Your next block looks fabulous! I'd go with the log cabin option for the first block too - it's too pretty not to use!

    Love the pic of all those teeny squares cut out - pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy busy! I've never made granny square blocks....perhaps I shall not so I don't have to get it out of my system! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those PP blocks are AWESOME! I have fabric cut out for grannies too...hopefully I'll get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your And Sew On blocks so far! Fabulous!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete