Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sowing

By the end of last week it was nearly 80 degrees here. Then the weekend came and with it came some rain clouds and a freezing cold wind with temps down to the 60's. I did not have a chance to sew this weekend but i did do a little sowing.

I like to keep a little garden journal. This one is new for this year. I have one I have been keeping for the past 8 years but I could't find it...until I started this one.

We had quite a few places to go and people to see this week end so I only had time to plant the herbs and tomatoes. The veggies, poppy, and raspberry plant will have to wait until I finish sewing for this week's Project Run and Play.

For the past 5 or so years I have been planting various heirloom tomatoes.  I am always good about writing what I plant. But then I never seem to get around to writing down which plants were good producers or not so good so I know which plants to buy in the future.

Last year our garden did not grow very well. This year we have new topsoil (we live on a rock so nothing but weeds will grow in the dirt around our house.) and plenty of fertilizer so hopefully the plants will grow well and make lots of veggies!!


One last shot of the poppy because I love it; it is our state flower. Hope you are having a good week!

5 comments:

  1. I've never really been interested in gardening but I'm thinking Sammy's at an age where it would be really fun for him. Maybe this will be the year I put in some raised beds!
    That first photo is stunning! Is that you view?! Sigh...
    Can't wait to see what you've made for this weeks PRP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your raised beds! Hubby built me one in back with a trellis...I have some seedlings started but haven't gotten anything in the ground yet. Can't wait to see your garden grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your garden! My youngest son bought me packets of vegetable seeds one year for Christmas.....we didn't have a vegie garden, but soon after we did! I miss it since we have moved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great idea to do the garden journal! J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poppy. I can't put anything outside hear yet. The nights are still cold, but I am looking forward to it in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete