Thursday, May 23, 2013

And Sew On- the May Edition

This week one of my blogging besties, Kristy, has started a weekly (don't quote me on that, I am not sure of the frequency) link up for your paper piecing pleasure, I mean progress. You can link up a fabric stack you have pulled to do some paper piecing, a project you have in the works, a completed paper pieced block, or a completed project. I think anyone who reads Kristy's blog gets hooked on paper piecing. She comes up with inspiring projects and I think her paper piecing patterns are some of the most user friendly around. I am not just saying that because she is my friend; I am saying that as a relatively new paper piecer. Her patterns are always adorable and not so overwhelming that you feel like you can't do them.


It took me most of this month to decide on fabric for this block. I did end up failing on the contrast of the iron to the background. I thought since the background was cream the white iron would stand out, but it did not. I might go back and outline the iron with some black thread to help define it. It was a fun block to put together and I am excited to turn these blocks into something when the Block of the Month finishes in October.

This post is playing double duty- I am linking up to Kristy's Friday linky party and then I am also linking to the monthly block of the month post where you can check out how other people have interpreted the block.
                                                                 Paper Piecing Party

12 comments:

  1. Hi Gina! Your ironing block is beautiful! I don't mind even the iron doesn't pop out so much. All the block is beautiful with same style fabrics! Thank you for your visit and sweet comment! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it G! The background fabric is just perfect. So sweet! And thank you for getting it done to link up - you're an absolute doll! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome Gina! Love the polka dot stripe on your iron, and the cute little quilt block! And Kristy's right, the background fabric is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great. Love the background.
    Amandak@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cheerful block! Even if ironing isn't the most fun thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. Funny that you post this on the same day that my iron died... it turned itself off, started beeping, then smoke came out the top (it smelled like something was burning).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use cording on a quilt? I think you should make a cord for the iron too...that would be real cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You choose lovely fabrics for this block. And it remind me, that I should do the ironing really soon :)

    Have a great long weekend, Jola

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flowery wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this block is so cute.
    Love your quilt and the little strawberry nightgown for your daughter. Such a cute photo of her reading.

    ReplyDelete