Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Vintage Strawberry Gown

About 1 3/4 years ago i walked into my local quilt shop and spied this Robert Kaufman super soft strawberry flannel print and knew I wanted to make a gown for my Strawberry girl. I bought the fabric then began my search for a pattern. My search ended with a vintage Simplicity 9043.

I bought a size 2 pattern, which i thought would work perfectly, but it was too long. I could have easily brought the hem up but instead it fell into the depths of my daughter's pajama drawer along with the vintage lace and buttons I used to make the gown.  

 
Fast forward to May 2013 and the Vintage May series with Craftiness is Not Optional and Skirt as Top. I loved this series last year and loved it every bit as much again this year (today is the last day with a round up so a great day to check out what those girls and their guests stitched up). I had wanted to sew up one of my vintage girls dress patterns this month but was never able to find the time. But, this series triggered my memory about the gown in the drawer. 

We pulled the gown out earlier this month and it has been my daughter's new favorite thing to wear. It has been keeping her warm and snuggly through some cool spring weather we have been having. Sewing a vintage pattern is definitely one of my favorite things to do.

5 comments:

  1. You really do make the cutest little clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is adorable... the strawberries are perfect for this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is a sweet little nightie! Bella has this penguin nightgown I made...it's not a vintage pattern but it has that feel to it...I just love them. Little girls look so precious with their hair down in a little nightie. Makes me want to squish her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute!!! I like this fabric with strawberies and new dress for your little daughter looks really nice! So sweet! :)

    Jola

    ReplyDelete