Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WIP's, PIP's, and IP Things in General

This time of year, the last month of the school year, is always incredibly busy. There are so many end of year activities, projects, birthdays, and out of town basketball tournaments. We were out of town this past weekend and i took fabric,my rotary cutter, and mat to start cutting fabric for my next quilt but there was never time to start. I even took a couple of quilting magazines but they were not touched. We did have a fun weekend and enjoyed our time out of town. I cut the pieces for May's do.Good Stitches blocks last week and made a start on stitching them together then finished them on Monday. Wendi asked for gender neutral (no pink or purple) Road to Tennessee blocks. My gender neutral blocks always seem to say "boy".

Having one graduating from high school and one graduating from 8th grade has added to the chaos this time of year, too. There have been applications, announcements, trips to plan, letters to write, and all sorts of miscellaneous tasks to complete. I mailed the announcements today so one by one things are being checked off my list. 

Today I brought out this old WIP and finished adding the sashing. These are my HST blocks I completed last year while doing Jeni's block of the month. It keeps falling to the bottom of the list since it is a Christmas quilt and won't be needed until late November/ early December. I used a gray dot from Riley Blake's Willow line for the sashing and little black stars for the cornerstones.

I started woking on my summery Christmas quilt because I plan on doing some hand quilting which will take some time. It is now ready for borders, then sandwiching and basting. I made myself a deal that when this quilt is ready for hand quilting i can start my next quilt. I will be using Field Study by Anna Maria Horner and the quilt will be for my mom's birthday in {early} July. 

I am not sure what i want to use for borders. I was going to use a red stripe cut on the bias for the binding but now i think i might use the green scallop for binding. I want to use red thread for the hand quilting so i am leaning towards the gray dot, kind of. Yep, I am non committal at this point. Decisions, decisions are holding me up so I jumped over to making a dress.
This is my dress pile in progress. I cut the floral linen on the bottom into a dress and the strawberry print into a tunic. I am all ready for the next time I have a few minutes to sew! Happy Wednesday!! I am linking up with Freshly Pieced.
                                                                                        

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


16 comments:

  1. You have many projects on the go and lots of inspiration. Hope all goes well over the next month for you all, life can be so busy with many young ones in the hose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the HST quilt top, looks great! How exciting, two boys graduating! It sounds like quite a formal process. I hope you all have fun at their graduations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You go girl! So fun to see your BOM...I've had mine out, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gina, you are so busy!!! The new blocks look really nice and your quilt... wow!! Your mum will be very happy to get so lovely present :)

    And - your school year finish on the end of May? We will finish on the end of June :)

    So, keep good speed with your plans :) and have a lovely day! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your BOM quilt! It is just lovely! I understand the need to prioritize, so I don't blame you at all for dropping it to the bottom of your list. :)

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, it all looks fantastic! The HST BOM quilt is so lovely though. I really like either the grey dot or the green scallops for the binding. Though if you really can't decide you can make it scrappy from all of your choices!? I hope you all get to enjoy the graduations and changes, hope it all goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear God! This is why I haven't quilted yet...too many decisions and options! I'm surprised you've gotten so much done with your crafter's ADD! They look beautiful though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the fabric with the little red flowers and the polka dot back ground. I think that would look great as boarders. And not too bad for the red hand quilting. I love the idea of the green scallop for the binding. So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so beautiful! I have really got to try a quilt. I am intimidated by the choices as well. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your BOM quilt.
    Looks great, and the green scallops for binding, perfect!
    The little red dots would look cute as borders... maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy busy bee! Loving that quilt! And loving the green scalloped fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm bummed the Thunders out. But I kinda feel like we finally got put out of our misery...we were crippled without Westbrook. I guess I'll root for Memphis over the Heat...I know you like labron so I'll keep it to myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd go with the gray and green...just love that combination. Your quilt tops are so beautiful! And I can't believe you have one graduating! How did I miss that? What are his plans? Is your summer filled with college prep as well? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Mom will treasure and adore her quilt. Oh my, two Graduations to make it through. How blessed you are, I always admire your quiet calm and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the green for the binding! Lovely quilt - well done you on pulling this one out and getting it closer to finished!

    ReplyDelete