Monday, July 1, 2013

And Sew On Block of the Month: June

It is hard to believe it is already July! I am a little late in getting my June block done and Kristy has already posted the new block for July (which looks like a fun one too!). For the June block "Hand Stitching" I decided to go out to the picnic table in the back yard to sew up some hexagons. My favorite thing about this block is that it has a few of my friends in it! There's a .little piece of Kristy (the sew, sew, sew fabric on the cup), Amy (the Lecien deer print), and Nicole (the Cloud Nine cloud print). I had told Nicole how much I love the cloud print when she used it in a project so when we did a scrap swap she very sweetly put in some of the cloud print too. As always Kristy's block of the month is free for the month so you might want to head to her Craftsy shop to grab her block for July. She also has some awesome Star Wars Lego blocks for free as well as Wonder Woman lego block with more Super Heroes to come. Hope you are enjoying your summer (or winter for my Australian friends) and your week is off to a great start!! I need to run...baby is emptying every drawer and pulling out all my scrapbook supplies as I am typing this up. Happy Monday! :)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! How sweet of yor friend to send those clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm swooning over the woodgrain! Great block, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, great result!!! I love this lovely flowery cup! :) Your new block looks really very cute! :) Have a wonderful day! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, i love this one!! The clouds are perfect with the wood-grain! And your fussy cut hexies are adorable!
    But that tea cup, awesome! Fantastic block Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a cup of tea now Gina. I am behind three blocks now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block looks just gorgeous! Great idea to include scraps from bloggy friends too - makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete