Friday, July 19, 2013

Cut It Out

For July Kristy's And Sew On block of the month features one of my most used tools, the rotary cutter and ruler. I think putting the rotary cutter together took me longer than it took to piece the rest of the block :) but it was still fun. Everything went together easily but there are a lot of small pieces. I goofed so my blade is balancing at the top of the handle. I will fix it but not today. Drives me crazy when i don't see mistakes like that until I am taking pictures. My real life rotary cutter is a yellow Olfa but paper piecing gives you the freedom to make things whatever colors you choose so I opted for one of the new aqua Olfa's. If you would like to try this pattern for yourself it is available in Kristy's Craftsy shop through July for free. Today I am linking up with her paper piecing party where you can check out all kinds of fun projects!! Have a fun weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Perfect fabric choices - oh and the fussy cutting! To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Gina! Love your little fussy cut, just perfect!
    And oh how i want that new aqua olfa... but already owning a yellow one as well as the grey and purple one i use most often, i can't really justify the purchase :(
    Maybe i should give this block a go so i can kind of own one!
    I never notice mistakes until i'm taking pictures, it's so frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance I thought it WAS a rotary cutter. You've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I thought it as an actual rotary cutter for a second. :) good job! I don't think anyone but you notices small boo boos. Unless I'm just oblivious because I'm not a quilter...it looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again so pretty block!! Yes, rotary cutter and ruler are my the best helpers too! :)

    Have a great weekend!!! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ruler fabric! It's perfect for this block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s beautiful, I like your house-and-tree square. And the ruler is also great, both fabric are great and you put them together well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your block is so cute! Love your ruler!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, I made exactly the same error with my cutter. One of those forehead slapping moments! Nice move on using the ruler fabric for your ruler!

    ReplyDelete