Friday, July 5, 2013

Flashback Friday: Th Fourth of July Edition and a Bitty Berry



Today I am linking up with Kristy's Paper Piecing Party. After I finished my strawberry pillow earlier this week I wanted to see if i could make a bitty berry just for fun (fyi the blocks in my pillow were 6x6 finished; bitty berry is 3 1/4x 3 3/4 unfinished). I shrank a simpler version of the strawberry that Kristy made me that only had 3 leaves. I like how it turned out and will probably make a pencil pouch for my Strawberry girl with it. Kristy has the strawberry pattern available in her Craftsy shop. The sweet gingham fabric was from my friend Jola. I love the small scale of the print and i don't think I have seen anything like it here in the States. You can check out what others are paper piecing here. Kristy is sharing the amazing Rapunzel block she made for my Fairy Tales quilt.

Yesterday here in the U.S. we celebrated the 4th of July. Fireworks are against the law where I live due to fire hazard but the city always puts on a pretty spectacular fireworks show. Looking through my photos I do not take many photos on the 4th of July. We usually have a relaxing day at home swimming then go over to a friend's home in the evening for food, fun, and fireworks. Wishing you a fun weekend!

2012

2006

2006


2007

2008

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet little strawberry! I think I see some us kissed little faces too! Totally unrelated: I made strawberry jam! I've been canning all my u cles harvest this year. I have squash, onions and potatoes for the year. Oh, and peppers. Plus there's enough for my whole extended family. My house is 80+ degrees. Doing potatoes now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little strawberry - turned out so cute!! Very impressed with how the paper piecing bug has bitten you ;)

    Glad you had a nice 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry berry cute strawberry! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) so cute little strawberry! Oh, it is sooo little! :) It will be very nice pouch. I really admire you for your precise and beautiful PP sewing!

    Have a great weekend!!! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  5. So brave to try such a small pattern but it paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see it in pouch form! Looks awesome :)
    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning strawberry and I've seen Kristy's block for you - simply gorgeous you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your PP strawberry looks gorgeous! I've not tried PP yet but I think I would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love the strawberry pillow you made! x

    ReplyDelete