Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sunday Stash: the Mostly Heather Ross Edition

 Kristy is hosting Sunday Stash this week so I am linking up as it was hard to resist her call to "flash your stash". I had pre-ordered a fat quarter bundle of Briar Rose from Amanda and she sent out the orders as soon as her fabric arrived as mine landed on my door step on Friday. I had to have this line due to the strawberries and will be making a quilt for my Strawberry Girl's new big girl bed. Amanda may be doing a quilt along for this beautiful quilt. I would love to make it but the thought of lining up all those points and y-seams is, well, kind of over-welming for me! I guess time will tell how if I take the challenge.



I have had the Swoon pattern for about 2 years now and have wanted to make a quilt for my bed but could not decide on fabric. I am usually a scrappy person and don't sew with 1 line of fabric but I wanted to make this quilt with one line. I decided on this Art Gallery line, Reminisce, a couple of weeks ago. When it arrived I wasn't quite sure if I liked it or not. On the computer screen it looked to have more coral and aqua than it has in real life so I am going to mix in some of those colors from my stash. We have a king size bed so I think I may need to add 1 more column than the pattern calls for. I am going to use Sketch in Mist for the background. I was inspired by how quickly Midge stitched her Swoon together (by the way, she has a give away going on right now). I am excited to start this quilt but I am going to make the Briar Rose and Fairy Tale quilts first.

Which is a good segue into this photo... I am getting help making my Fairy Tale quilt from my paper piecing bee mates in Wombat Stew . I am so excited about this quilt which will feature 12 fairy tales, two of which are Rapunzel and Princess and the Pea. I don't have the quilt back quite figured out yet but I have some fairy tale themed fabric to make the back with and added these 2 prints from Heather Ross @Spoonflower this past week. I have some sewing to do!!

14 comments:

  1. You've got Briar Rose ... I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo it must be lovely to see those Briar Rose fabrics in person. I cannot wait to see the actual colours and drawing details. Happy to help make your fab paper pieced quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so exciting to have fabric arrive! I hope you thoroughly enjoy looking at it, touching it and then creating something beautiful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the fun projects you have coming up.I can't wait to receive my briar rose collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your swoon would look so fabulous in those fabrics. I really like art gallery. Enjoy your sewing. Wish I had kept my Swoon ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished a Swoon! You could consider adding stripes or some other border like I did instead of another row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those fabrics...I saw some at a shop and fondled it for at least 3 minutes. The fairy tale quilt is going to be awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a fun fabric bender! You've added some gorgeous prints to your stash. I can't wait to see how your future projects turn out - so much loveliness on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, great fun. I would love to make Swoon as well. If you love it, you'll have to do a scrappy version next. I just saw a scrappy one on Flickr this week and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! Briar Rose! I love love love the coordinates. This is definitely a stash worth sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have no idea how jealous i am right now!! You lucky girl! I can't wait to see what the Wombat Stew girls have going on for your Fairy Tale quilt! And a swoon?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fairy quilt sounds like awesome fun! Can't wait to see it! :) And those Briar Rose strawberries are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! So jealous - your bundle looks beautiful! I like the idea of Ananda's quilt along too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gina, you choose very nice pattern for your quilt! I believe, that the fabrics are very nice too :) Jola

    ReplyDelete