Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Field Study Quilt Top




                                                             

My sewing time this past week was dedicated to stitching together my Field Study quilt top which is now finished. Now I need to go to the store to purchase some fabric for the backing. I have some of the Field Study linen and have cut blocks to make a column and plan to have a thin strip of solid on one side of the column and then most of the solid on the other side to complete the width of the quilt. My plan is to make the backing then baste the quilt and set it aside and do the quilting later as this will be a Christmas present {since I didn't complete it on time for a birthday gift}. I have 2 other quilts I want to work on: Briar Rose and my  Fairy Tale quilt.

Quilting is such a long process! I rewarded myself for finishing the quilt top by doing a small project. I made a summer tea towel and plan to make a couple of hot pad holders to match. It felt good to start and complete a project in a couple of hours!! Well, almost complete.. i just need to hand stitch around the tea towel to close the opening. I hope this Wednesday finds all of your works in progress running smoothly!! I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced where I love to visit to see what everyone is up to!!
GRAB A BUTTON

12 comments:

  1. The tea towel is cute! I am loving the AMH quilt top...gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love the colors! I still don't know hoe you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous AMH top Gina!! I'm so in love with this one! And a cute tea towel as well!
    Does that mean your Briar Rose is in?! I can't wait to see what you're going to make with that!
    And i'm getting twitchy after seeing Kristy's block for your Fairy Tale quilt, i need to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea towel! I am not the only one who makes bday gifts does not finish so they get put off till Christmas! It is hard to finish quilts sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Field Study quilt! I bet the texture is great.
    So sweet little tea towel too. I like "cleansing my palette" with small projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea towel is darling, and a great way to get a finish under your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea towel is great! Fresh and cute!
    Gina, the top of Field Study quilt looks amazing!! The back side will be very nice too.
    So, you are still busy :)
    Have a great time :) Jola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt and tea towel. I look upon my teal towel each day I walk into my studio with great pride and a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Field Study quilt top looks great and so does the tea towel. There are so many stages in quilting aren't there, each one a major project within itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like a little project in between too! Quilting does take some time, but so rewarding. Enjoy. Darling tea towel

    ReplyDelete