Friday, August 23, 2013

Bee Blocks and Paper Piecing Party

Paper Piecing Party

 
Flashback Friday will return next week as I am linking up to the paper piecing party today. This month for our Cheer Circle at do.Good Stitches we were asked for string blocks in green and blue {and somehow I skipped the part that said we could add a dash of purple, so alas,  there is no purple in mine}. These were so fun to make!!


She asked for 11" blocks so i grabbed a piece of scrapbook paper, cut it down an inch on each side and started sewing. I had left over blue strips from a previous quilt which was a nice time saver. 

It was Alyce's turn to be Queen in our Wombat Stew group this month so she designed a kimono block. She asked for florals so I used some Koi prints which, I think, have a Japanese type vibe. Another fast and fun block!! Two in the same month...does that mean there is a challenge coming next month...Murphy's law, right?!? Linking up with Kristy's paper piecing party. If you want to have a good laugh you can pop over to Kristy's to read her Tale of a Pink Unicorn!! She is an awesome story teller!! Have a great weekend!! :)
                                                                                            
                                                                                                 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your three pretty blocks! I love the way you combine the fabrics and colours!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your string blocks are gorgeous G!! And fantastic idea to use the scrapbook paper, i've been thinking about a string project... thinking, i swear i haven't already started stacking fabrics, gulp.
    Your kimono block is stunning, perfect fabric choices! Awesome work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics in the kimono block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the design of the strip pieces:) and I LOVE your fabrics in the kimono block. Very cool stuff Gina! I was thinking you show your oldest first day photo text he sent though- maybe next week? Are you adjusted to one less in the nest, or does it feel really weird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strip blocks look really nice. I like the colors and prints! So summery in my opinion, colors of sea :) And the block with kimono... it turned out very nice, it looks really exotic!
    Have a very nice weekend! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right .. the Koi fabrics are perfect for the Kimono block :) I love how these are turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these blocks, Gina! Especially that Kimono -- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those little dogs and sheep (ha I wrote sheeps at first! I'm starting to speak like Lulu haha!) in your string blocks - they are fab!

    The Koi fabric is perfect for the kimono - Alyce will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Goodness!!! LOVE!! KOI!!! You'll soon find out why I love it so much, lol.

    ReplyDelete