Friday, August 16, 2013

Flashback Friday: First Days of School before the First Day of High School










kindergarten

!st grade

2nd grade

3rd grade

4th grade
5th grade
6th grade
7th grade


Next week the kids start a new school year. This year I have a freshman in college and a freshman in high school. So many firsts, so many lasts. I am a bit sad that I will not be able to take the traditional 1st day of school photo in front of the maple tree. For the past 13 years all the kids have been at the same school but we are changing things up this year and out of the 5 school age kids they will be at 4 different schools and, of course, they all have different start dates. I have to brag about my oldest; he had his first day of classes yesterday and he texted me a 1st day of school picture without me asking for it. It made my day. Actually, I think it will go down as the highlight of my week :). I love my kids lots, I really do!!! but I am looking forward to the start of a new school year :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that your boy sent you a pic of his first day! That is so sweet and thoughtful!

    Big changes my friend! I hope all goes well with the kidlets at the different schools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! E is so sweet! And hooray for the end of short order season!! But now does this mean you have to taxi to 3 different schools at the start and end of day!?!
    Love the first day photo's! Will definitely need to do that with my guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be nuts getting them all off in the mornings! Invest in lots of coffee, ha ha! I feel like I'm still adjusting-but the kids are already settled in. Wish I were as resilient! I love flashback Fridays...it's neat to see the old pictures & a fun way for you to keep them too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first day pics too! It is very good idea! :) And as I can see - you will have very busy start and end of each day! We will start the school days at the 1st of September. It is rule for each kindergartens, primary schools and secondary schools in our country. Only high schools start at the end of September (it is similar to your collage).
    Have a nice weekend! :)
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the first! How cool is your kid to send you a first day of school pic. It's amazing when they "get it."

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the little thoughtful and unexpected things like that text photo which make your heart soar isn't it. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet he texted you a first school day pic! It was fun to watch them change so much through those pics, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete