Friday, August 2, 2013

Hip to be Square

Flashback Friday is pre-empted this week so I can link up with Kristy's  Paper Piecing Party this week. I have admired so many beautiful swap gifts, given and received, in blogland and on Flickr. My "To sew, want to sew, would like to sew" list is big enough to fill a composition notebook so I have not participated in swaps since I have so little sewing time. But, it seems I like to participate in block swaps.

Last year when Kristy hosted the "Say Cheese, Polaroid Block Swap" I became an honorary Aussie and participated in that. Then over the past couple of weeks I have loved seeing Amanda's 4" square in square blocks. When she asked if anyone was interested in doing a block swap I didn't think twice and raised my hand right away to sign me up for that. This block has been on my to make list for quite some time so it feels good to put a line through this one on my list. I started off with a few of my favorite things like Heather Ross, Little Red, Sarah Jane, and feedsack. These little blocks will finish at 4" and are so much fun to make!! I am halfway through and have made the 1st 6. We have a busy weekend ahead with a Going Away party and a Birthday party. I hope you have a fun weekend!!
                                                          Paper Piecing Party

11 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the blocks that are popping up. It is impossible pick favorites since I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely and small, looking like little windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cute! Perfect fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the fabrics you chose for the centre blocks - very cute indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, these blocks are too small! :) Great job! They are sooo nice!!!

    So, your weekend is going to be very busy :) Have a wonderful time!

    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minis!! Gould make a doll quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really sweet. What a great block to swap. We just finished 3 months of 9-patch swaps in out guild and they are already wondering what block we will swap next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all so cute!! SJ Out to Sea and HR strawberries... definitely blocks made by you! I really hope i get at least one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all so cute!! SJ Out to Sea and HR strawberries... definitely blocks made by you! I really hope i get at least one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these blocks too, they're perfect for fussy cuts! Yours look so fun! Block swaps are a great way to swap without too much pressure! ;)

    ReplyDelete