Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Brought to You By the Letter "C"

  
College, capes, Cinderella, and castles, oh my!!! It has been a busy week so I have not done much sewing but I have had some fun mail come from my Wombat Stew friends :). We took four days and flew half way across the country to settle our oldest into his college dorm. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and have given thought to the good, bad, fun, and hard parts of motherhood but one thing I have never given much thought to is the growing up and going away part. I am counting the days until Thanksgiving when he will come home for a few days! When we returned I had some happy mail to cheer me... Little Red arrived from Lara. Sweet Kristy drew up the pattern.

I had seen Little Red online and one darling detail I had not noticed was the gold high lights in her brunette hair. I love her!

Kristy also created this Cinderella pattern for me :)  I need to embroider the bucket handle but I am saving embroidery details for the end once I have removed the paper from the backs.

As I was taking pictures of Cinderella my husband arrived home with todays mail. This arrived from Japan from Alyce along with some fabric I ordered from her etsy shop (of course it is some strawberries). I had asked the girls if they could sneak in a ladybug or strawberry that would make my girls happy. Can you spy the ladybug and Little Red in a window. Alyce designed this block and it is a biggie approximately 14x24. Definitely a castle fit for a fairy tale!!

Quilts sure do come together faster with a little help from your friends :). I am a late linker with Lee today over at  Freshly Pieced. Maybe this post could have been brought to you in part by the letter "L" too. Happy Wednesday!!
   
                                                                                                       

15 comments:

  1. Oh these are looking so fabulous together G! Love love love!

    Cinderella turned out beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is looking great! Looks like a fun swap to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gina, these are absolutely fabulous! I love them all, but my favorite is Cinderella. Look at her clothes, her stance, her hair, she's perfect! You have some lovely and talented friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that's awesome! It doesn't look like a quilt...it looks like little drawings! I'm going to draw one for my mom to make.

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving these fairytale blocks, they are coming together beautifully! You are lucky to have such clever friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous blocks, your Bee mates have really done you proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Gina, again lovely blocks!!!

    PS: Btw I wish you many many sewing projects! Time is going quickly thanks to crafting :)

    Have a great time! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are just amazing blocks - so much detail in them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are darling blocks! I only have two, but hubby and I are increasingly aware of the "remaining time" for family travels etc, with the whole crew.... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh holy crap these are awesome! Love Cinderella! Always one of my faves. She's just perfect, your fabric choices are spot on... cute apron! And that castle!! I saw it in progress on Alyce's blog and was wondering how big it was going to be! Fantastic! You wombat girls are just amazing, this is some seriously stunning work! Could my comment have any more exclamation marks!! Can't wait to see this one finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis quilt is going to be totally stunning! Yay! I hope your son is settled in and the other kids keep you busy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each of these blocks is magnificent! I've never enjoyed the finished look of paper piecing more than in these. They really are something special.

    ReplyDelete