Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ladybug, Ladybug Fly Away Home

Pre-empting Flashback Friday this week to link up with Kristy's Paper Piecing Party. I finished out the week finishing up this block. Kristy is the Queen this month and her theme is Garden Party picnic quilt. She drew up this most excellent pattern which was fun to put together. It may have been my fastest finish yet as I did in in 2 nap times. Have I mentioned I have a 2 year old who thinks she doesn't want to sleep? I spend part of nap time putting her back in her crib. Just when I think she is asleep I will once again hear her singing or clanking some toys. Silly girl always says she won't be cranky so when she gets cranky late in the day I remind her she should have rested during quiet time. Her reply is, "I'm happy mom!" So, even with non napping toddlers this pattern can be finished up in a reasonable amount of time. Kristy loves text prints so there is a bit in there. I like to think Miss Ladybug is sitting on an iris since that is one of Kristy's favorites too. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh so super cute!!! Love the text print background! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ladybird is fabulous!! Absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute ladybug! Kristy's picnic quilt is going to be fantastic! I really must start stashing some of the sketch prints... they are just perfect for paper piecing. And that text print is gorgeous! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ladybug blocks, especially the text print background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember when mine stopped napping. It made for a very sleepy child at supper. Usually though it made for a quiet evening so we didn't mind. The bug is so cute! Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute! And great fabric choices!
    I knew it was time to give up naps with my daughter when I spent more time trying to get her to sleep, then she actually spent sleeping. Oh, I miss those quiet moments in the afternoons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block!! The ladybug is sooo sweet :)

    By the way... Rozarka and Adamek still grab a nap time after lunch!! :) (yes, Rozarka only during the weekend)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's neat how quilts have so many hidden elements. Not hidden exactly, but each block has a story. Especially yours, you are so thoughtful with your design! You friend will be a happy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet little lady bug! Glad you got something done during nap time, it's always better if you have something to show for sleep time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lady bug! I have a 2 year old that is trying her best to avoid nap time too ... ah the joy of it lol :)

    ReplyDelete