Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Project Hoppin'

 
I had 2 projects going that I wanted to finish by the end of October but this project will be a few days late. I have been participating in Kristy's block of the month, And Sew On, for the past nine months. I  needed to make the block for July so I finished that up. I think this was my favorite block to put together. I love stacks of fabric, even pretend stacks in a little paper pieced block :). I chose to use my favorite colors in my fabric closet and my go to stack of low volume fabrics that keeps getting higher outside the door.

I have pulled the paper off of the backs of the nine blocks, cut the sashing, and am ready to sew them together to make a mini. But first I need to finish my other project.

Between my mom jobs today I have taken this stack and cut it down to 

these blocks. I just need to sew them together. They are for a swap with a flickr friend, Mindy. I love making these blocks but my favorite part is choosing the fabric.
Over the weekend my kids carved their pumpkins and I thought they were pretty creative. The younger girls drew the face on the pumpkin then my husband and youngest son cut them out. My boy did a great job on his pumpkin and he recreated the Air Jordan logo. The NBA kicked off it's season last night which we are all happy about!!
I hope those who celebrate Halloween have a safe night tomorrow. Linking up with Freshly Pieced where there is all kinds of inspiration today!!!!

                                                                 


14 comments:

  1. What darling blocks!! I especially love that closet with the stacks of fabric, fabulous! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, you make me wish I could sew as well as you all the time, Gina. You are a master and I bow down to you! Love the pumpkin family, can you believe we didn't carve pumpkins, again, this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stash closet block and giggled about your pile of low volumes growing higher! I just can't wait to see your mini quilt top!!
    What a fun and pretty pumpkin family you have!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric cupboard! The pumpkins are so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The iron and the HST?!!! Holy lovin it!!! That is just the cutest block - my eyes grew in surprise when I saw it and I had to haul the laptop up for a closer look haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, the iron is so so great!! I'm joining her next BOM.
    Gina, don't stress about getting the blocks for me finished! You know I'm in no hurry, and I really don't want this to stress you out. They look adorable! I totally zoomed in on the pic so I could get a really good peek. :). I feel confident I'm going to love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you got all that done in between mom jobbing! You're a pro. Love the Jordan pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wallpaper (fabric) behind the iron/ironing board block is gorgeous - can't wait to see it all put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your whole family has been having a fun and creative week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how your stash cupboard turned out! Super cute! Can't wait to see your blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, the blocks are great! Really like the iron on the board. Simply cute. Paper piecing is like a rocket science to me, scares me a lot. Your kids did a great job with pumpkin carving. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stash cupboard is to die for!! Love the low-vol stack outside the door! And more cute fussy blocks?! Awesome!
    Your kids did a fantastic job with the pumpkins, and as soon as i saw the Air Jordan logo i knew who made that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy busy! Those pumpkins are pretty great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your paper piecing abilities are outstanding! Love your blocks. Oh my goodness, I don't think I could ever do that!

    ReplyDelete