Wednesday, November 6, 2013

And Sew On Grand Finale and Fun Mail

                                                                             
I finished my And Sew On mini but actually it is quite large finishing at 33x33". I hung it on the fireplace for pictures but will be hanging it in my sewing room which is not a good picture taking location. I put the sewing room in the center as that is the theme for this mini with all the parts of the sewing room encircling it. Kristy did a fabulous job on all the blocks; they were all fun to put together. I didn't think she would be able to top this years theme ... but she did! She has cooked up even bigger plans for 2014 with a vintage kitchen theme. If you would like to learn how to paper piece or get better at this skill I would highly recommend you join in the fun!

A month or so ago Larisa made a beautiful tea towel inspired by the strawberry tea towel I had made. I commented on how pretty the fabric she had used and she offered to send me some. Not only did she send me a big cut of the lavender fabric but she also sent a pin cushion, another cute bee print, and a fat quarter with some flowers that are native to her country.  
The fabric I had commented on was this print. It is a very nice linen type of home dec fabric. Both Larisa and I tried to find it somewhere on the internet with no luck so I am very appreciative of Larisa's kindness. I have plans for this fabric.Thank you so much Larisa, you are so sweet!! I really enjoy Larisa's blog and all the beautiful stitching she does.
Another fabulous friend sent an awesome package this week! Mindy and I decided to swap some economy blocks. Along with her blocks she sent some cute strawberry fabric, the cutest house ornaments, labels to put on gifts, and an incredible Lotta Jansdotter dish.
Lotta is one of my favorite designers and it makes my heart kind of skip a beat to see her designs on dishes. I think her designs are perfect for ceramics as well as fabric. I haven't decided if this dish will make it to the sewing room to hold pins and bobbins, etc or if it will stay in the kitchen or a family room shelf. 


Here are all the cute blocks Mindy sent. Too many to pick one favorite!! Thank you so much to Mindy for this incredible, thoughtful package!! So, my friends have been making adorable things now it is my turn. Real life is really busy leaving little time for me to sew so I am feeling like I need to turn into the Christmas groundhog. I need to go into a hole in the ground and not come up until I can see my shadow or all the gifts I want to make for Christmas are done. I am feeling very behind!! I hope you are having a great week!!
Linking up to Quiet Play's Show and Tell And Sew On BOM where you can see what everyone did with their blocks.
                                                                                

14 comments:

  1. Love how your wallhanging came together! Looks fabulous!

    What lovely little gifts to receive in the mail! Very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your BoM wallhanging is gorgeous! And definitely perfect your sewing room. And lucky you with the gifts! Those fussy blocks are adorable, and i love that Lotta dish, i had no idea she did ceramics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing room quilt came out so great! Pictorial paper piecing is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wall hanging. The pink is great and of course the border in pink rocks! I hear you on the sewing room is not idea for picture taking. Mine is ALWAYS a mess. I keep wanting to share of pic of it but it is atrocious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, the quilt with the sewing motifs is sooo nice! Very nice result! You have a wonderful decoration! And the presents are great too :) So, have a wonderful (not only sewing) time! :) Jola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sewing mini quilt and all of your loot! Don't turn your back on any of it if I am in the room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, your quilt is amazing! I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the tones of colour in your wall hanging. I'm looking forward to joining in next round :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful wallhanging! It would make a lovely addition to any sewing studio. The soft and delicate colours are so pretty. Really love the block with scissors and the block with spools. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your And Sew On Quilt is simply beautiful. Your colors and fabrics are all so pretty ... and look like "you!"
    And what a fabulous gifts and swaps for you!! Drooling here....

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post G! love your wall hanging and all those sweet gifts! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just stumbled across your blog and saw this quilt and had to tell you how lovely it is! Love your fabric choices! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wallhanging Gina, I was hoping to finish mine in time to link up too but a holiday in France put paid to that idea!

    The Lotta Jansdotter dish is so gorgeous too, what a great gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete