Friday, December 20, 2013

Flashback Friday: Christmas 2011


This was one of those scenarios that played out better in my head than in real life! It was Christmas morning 2011 and I could not get a shot with all of the kids looking at me and Baby wanted nothing to do with the 'stache. I did have myself a chuckle so I guess it was not all was in vain!

I hope you are enjoying the season! My to do list keeps getting longer instead of shorter. There is basketball every night and a tournament very weekend in December. As a basketball parents we have to pull snack bar or gate keeper duty or we are watching games. My oldest son drove himself to his practices his junior and senior year of high school and so I had completely forgotten all the parental involvement and taxiing the freshman and sophomore years; I am not complaining, it is lots of fun :). There have been Christmas programs and College Boy came home last week. It is nice to have him home; balance is restored to our home for a bit. On the list for this weekend is: basketball tournament, clean the house, finish Christmas shopping, plan Christmas Eve and Day menus, and try to get the or at least a few of the gifts wrapped. What's on your list?

9 comments:

  1. Love the staches! We are all over the map at the moment but we will all be together on Christmas and the week after Christmas we will retreat to a mountain cabin. Looking forward to it all! Christmas Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those looks, lol!!! Such a precious family! Have a super week, Gina! God bless y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Gina, your weekend will be really busy!! And by the way: great pics! :)

    PS: I would like to bake some sweets. And maybe I will do some little cleaning - the windows in the kitchen :( Nothing more. Just relax :) The presents are at home, our fridge is overfull and... my husband will be cooking the Christmas Eve dinner! :) It is his favourite part of the day! :)

    Gina, have a good weekend and wonderful time with your family! :)
    Jola ***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I love the first pic of Baby with her 'stache! Too funny!

    How lovely to have all your kidlets home again - enjoy the busy busy (but very fun!) Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear college boy is home, yippee for a restored balance! And I hope that just maybe you might find a second or two for just you...we can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were way ahead on the mustache trend! (Fabric too, I always see stuff here first:)
    I'm mad at myself for not having shopping all done by November, like it normally do. I ever, ever do last minute shopping. I need to get something for Amy & Haley; and just found out I will have Steven for Christmas Eve & Christmas. So I will need to get an extra Santa gift. I just know Christmas will bring out the ugly in shoppers...I'm not looking forward to it. But other than shopping, I'm looking forward to the holiday. I don't have to cook, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stache pics - too funny! It's a busy Christmas here too, but I'm loving every minute of it. Merry Christmas to you and your family Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're pics are always so awesome G! I can't believe i missed this post!
    Love how Super Sam's stache is old man like! Hope you've been having a blast with the whole family home and getting to relax for even a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! I hope you had a lovely Christmas :) As you may know, I don't do lists! However, I have a hell of a lot of things to do over the coming weeks, before school goes back end of January. So of course, I started a new quilt yesterday, as you do! xx

    ReplyDelete