Friday, January 3, 2014

Flashback Friday: Balance

Balance. It seems simple enough but it can be so elusive.

Balance is something I work towards on a daily, monthly, yearly basis. Sometimes I find it, sometimes I wish I could find it.

I used to think life would slow down when the kids got older. They got a little older and then I thought, "Ok, life is not slowing down. Maybe when they all start school life will slow down."

It will be a few more years until all my kids are in school but as they are move through their ages and stages I am finding life and schedules and the to do list gets busier and busier. Like a freight train coming down the tracks that can't be stopped.

It has been nice to enjoy the past few weeks with college boy home, all the kids, and our cousins,  aunts, uncles, Grandma, and some friends too.

I feel ready to see what this year has to unfold; to take on the challenges (cause I know there will be some) and to embrace the joys (that's the fun part!).

I hope you had a Merry little Christmas and best wishes for a happy New Year!! Hopefully you don't find yourself on the bottom of the dog pile and if you do I hope you can laugh yourself out from under it! I will be back next week with some crafty stuff to share :). Happy Weekend!!!

12 comments:

  1. Love this post G! So very true - and such beautiful fun photos! Here's to a wonderful 2014, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Gina! Here's to a full and wild new year. (Love the pics of the kiddos!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life captured beautifully in words and photos.
    Perfection, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! What a wonderful series of pictures G!
    And thanks, here i've been looking forward to all i'm going to get accomplished when the boys get to school age! ;)
    Can't wait to see what the new year brings you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post to start the New Year with, Gina! Your portraits are awesome!
    Can't wait to see what you create ,and inspire us with this coming year!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't fell you how much I love this post!! The photos and your musings...I didn't want to hear that it doesn't get easier though! Balance. I think we all get out of whack this time of year, juggling too much. It will calm down some. But balance- I'm not sure I know how it feels!! Great post, and love the family portraits:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post Gina. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to this year - I'll be trying to get my balancing act in order too as my oldest starts Kindy ... busy, but joyful times ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aah - the elusive balance. So hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just when you think you have at last achieved some balance, and that freight train has moved on, blow me don't two of the offspring come back home and the balance flies out the window :) Wouldn't have it any other way though!

    Great photos Gina, what lovely memories they will bring back for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics!!! :) So, dear Gina, have a wonderful new year!!! J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos and wonderful post, Gina! So true - the elusive balance. I wish you more days this year when you feel like you got the balance and more days when the "freight train" slows down and you can get off and enjoy the scenery. Thank you for sharing. Happy New 2014 Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy and balanced 2014, Gina! Such fun chaos in that pile! ;)

    ReplyDelete