Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January Bee Blocks

January is Fiona's month to be Queen Wombat and she has chosen a Lego Star Wars theme.  Fiona's son chose his favorite characters and she will be turning the blocks into a little something for him. I chose the Clone Commander because I like the contrast of the blue and black against the white. I am definitely more of a fan of the older Star Wars than the newer ones. Kristy has a lot of lego Star Wars  patterns in her Craftsy shop for free.  This guy was especially fun to put together since it had been a month since I had done any paper piecing.

For our Cheer circle at do.Good Stitches this month we used the Antique Tile tutorial. I think it took me longer to cut the pieces than to stitch the blocks together :).
Lastly, this is a cushion in progress that I started before Christmas and am going to finish this week. I think the only way to be done with Christmas sewing is to do it in January! Happy Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. With you on the Christmas sewing in January Gina! The Star Wars block has turned out really well, what a fun theme for a Bee block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star wars blocks look like so much fun! They are very pretty fabrics in your do.good.stitches blocks :) Looking forward to seeing your cushion finished, I love the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your Commander turned out - he looks great!

    Pretty Bee blocks too! Looking forward to seeing your cushion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog heading... you changed it, right?(Or am I getting old :) ) I see my favorite strawberry tea towel up there!!
    Cool Star Wars block for the bee.
    And I love your Antique Tile Blocks for do.Good Stitches... your fabrics are the best! so sweet and pretty!
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool stuff- I'm glad you were able to get a little bit done:) I love the pillow!! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've come to learn that January is really the only time to do Christmas sewing :) And i find it's always the projects that i desperately wanted done in time that end up getting finished late!
    All your blocks look fantastic, and i'm with you on the older Star Wars, way cooler!
    Love your new header, the pics are all perfect! And i can't wait to see this cute cushion finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina, everything is very very nice, but the pillow in progress looks wonderful!!! I can´t wait to see the finished pillow! :) Enjoy your sewing time :) Jola *

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! Now's the time to start those 2014 Christmas projects! Love all of these projects in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome clone trooper! I've downloaded a couple of Kristy's Star Wars blocks- just need to find the time to make them.
    And the tile blocks are so pretty. Love the pinks and greys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable projects! Someday I may make a quilt due to your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete