Thursday, February 13, 2014

Create Kid's Couture: Bianca's Tween Reversible Bolero Jacket


One of my girls likes to accessorize her outfits with a cardigan or a little jacket so when I saw the Bianca's Tween Reversible Bolero Jacket from Create Kid's Couture I knew she would like it. As it turned out, both of the twins wanted me to make them one, so I started with the older one's first.


Create Kid's Couture has recently added tween patterns and some boys patterns to their shop along with their girls and doll clothing patterns. Tween patterns are kind of scarce so it is always fun to find a tween pattern to sew up! My girl loves denim so that is what she chose. I wasn't sure if the denim would be too bulky for this pattern but it worked perfectly with a cotton for the inside. The pattern has 2 sleeve options and she chose the 3/4" style. {as you can see :)}


My pink girl chose a little pink polka dot for the inside. Although the jacket is reversible she is pretty set on it being worn as a denim jacket.
I have bought a few pdf patterns but have never sewn one up before now as the printing and taping and tracing seems like a lot of work to do before you can even get to the sewing. This pattern did not require any taping or tracing and I had it made in about 3 hours. The instructions were easy to follow with lots of great pictures; it was a fun, easy sew! I am reconsidering pdf patterns and thinking they are not as labor intensive as I had them chalked up to be!! As well as having their pattern shop, Create Kids Couture also has a blog and tutorials for all kinds of things from a peasant dress, to pajama pants, skirts, apron, and many more. I am looking forward to sewing up one of their peasant dresses for the girls for spring. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Gina, this bolero is sooo nice! You are great mom! Really very very nice job!
    Have a wonderful time * Jola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job, Gina! And she likes it, which is the most important part. (My girl has always been fussy about clothes.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! I like the lining fabric too. She styled it beautifully with that dress! I gotta say; your photos are gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little jacket, so well done, and such a darling model...how pleased she must be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bolero! Like your pink girl, I too enjoy an accessory to complete the look! She is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gina. It's very sweet. I'm sure the girls were pleased

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bolero Gina all that printing and taping puts me off too, glad to read that it is not always a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome little jacket! I love the lining she picked,too!
    And she is such a beautiful model...
    I wonder what her sister will pick for the fabrics...
    Great job !
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bolero! I love them too, especially in summer for a lightweight cover up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinkin' cute!! I want one for me! Love it in the denim, and that lining is perfect :)
    I'm with you on having to print all the pieces and then having to tape them all together... ughh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Gina! I'm with your daughter ... the denim is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice!! I only use pdf patterns! I used a paper pattern last year to make a little bolero jacket for a girl's holy communion, and I nearly lost the plot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO pretty! Love that it is reversible. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete