Thursday, February 6, 2014

For Fiona

My dear Wombat friend, Fiona , is having a birthday so I wanted to send her a little something. Her favorite color is storm blue so I started with these fabrics to make her birthday gift.

I went with my go to gift of a tea towel and hot pad holder. I used Amy's tutorial for the hot pad holder and it came together nicely. Quilting the layers was the longest part of the process.


Fiona has some chickens that she had to nurse to health a while back so I went with a chicken design. I tried to make a modern chicken but when I see chickens "modern" is not the first word that pops into my head.


Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Fiona!!

15 comments:

  1. What a cute chicken! Another sweet set...they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! i would say a blue chicken is very modern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken teatowel is lovely, much too pretty to dry dishes on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the blue print with white flowers and text. I have a little pack of sunnyside, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great chicken bearing birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this little set - it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so nice presents! :) The chicken is very very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always make the best birthday gifts G!
    This is gorgeous, love the hot pad! And that chicken is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww:) very sweet Gina, he is a very modern, hip, and suave blue chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovelies! That storm blue is a beautiful colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift set! I love your fabrics and colors! The chicken is really stunning!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so gorgeous! And perfect for Fiona!

    ReplyDelete